Construction Assistant Project Manager
Join our team at Genesis, where we have the privilege of contributing to worldwide health through the design and construction of facilities where science is conducted and life-saving drugs are manufactured. This is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to contribute to our client’s success, as well as our impressive growth.
Genesis is dedicated to supporting professional development in a welcoming work environment. Our collaborative culture ensures that our clients benefit from top-tier work across our entire range of professional offerings.
- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
Assigned to a project team, reporting directly to the project manager, and is responsible to support the team during all phases of a construction project. Individuals must be aggressive self-starters that possess strong organizational and communicating skills while working under strict time deadlines in an every changing environment. Projects consist of renovations and new construction for pharmaceutical and institutional facilities.
What You Will Do:
- Updating project schedules utilizing input from trades and field superintendents
- Assisting Senior Estimator in developing project costs through take-offs
- Assisting Senior Estimator in procurement process
- Managing submittal documents from various trades
- Assisting Project Manager with facilitating meetings with owner, subcontractors, designers
monitoring budget through review of contractor change requests and invoicing
- Tracking deliveries
- Project closeout
- B.S. degree in engineering, construction management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in project management in the design and construction industry or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work against tight deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with EPCM projects
Life at Genesis:
At Genesis, we believe that hard work and achievement are integral to a balanced and rewarding life. As our single most valuable asset, we make sure our employees know that we appreciate them. At Genesis, you will find people from many different backgrounds and with very different interests all working together to achieve a common goal.