Lead Process Engineer
Join our team at Genesis, where we have the privilege of contributing to worldwide health through the design and construction of facilities where science is conducted and life-saving drugs are manufactured. This is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to contribute to our client’s success, as well as our impressive growth.
Genesis is dedicated to supporting professional development in a welcoming work environment. Our collaborative culture ensures that our clients benefit from top-tier work across our entire range of professional offerings.
- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
What You Will Do:
Lead Process Engineer will support the overall engineering team by understanding and assessing client process needs, including the infrastructure impacts of these needs, and designing GMP compliant equipment and systems. The engineer should, first and foremost, be conversant with the design and specification of GMP systems and equipment. Client interface skills, communication skills, delegation of tasks, and leadership skills are a requirement for this position.
Projects will primarily be in the biopharmaceutical sector, and include manufacturing processes (e.g., biological, API, oral solid dosage, cell therapy) and support systems (e.g., clean utilities, CIP, buffer and media preparation, waste inactivation and treatment).
A typical day includes:
- Prepare scope and hourly estimates for various process work in preparation of client proposals.
- Prepare process design plan include resource requirements and execution plan to execute work.
- Delegate assignments to support process staff and guide their work. Perform quality checks of work by the process team.
- Communicate the process design requirements clearly to the client and then collect appropriate data from clients to define process needs
- Collect information from industry sources to help clarify design and industry best practices
- Develop calculations or process simulations as necessary to support the process design effort.
- Assess and analyze data, integrate and develop concepts to create designs or reports.
- Develop documents for inclusion in construction packages (e.g. system descriptions, BODs, URS’s, flow diagrams, material and energy balances, P&IDs, datasheets, and equipment specifications.
- Create process automation concepts and determine instrumentation requirements.
- Present results and recommendations to clients; gather input and feedback to strengthen the designs.
- Ensure that other project disciplines (e.g., architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing) understand the applicable process requirements and interfaces.
- Comply with regulatory (e.g., FDA) and industry (e.g., ISPE) requirements and guidance.
- Comply with environmental and safety practices.
- Facilitate and document workshops including Risk Assessments and Process Hazard Analyses.
- Lead client interface and provide project management
- Develop project proposals and budgets
- BS Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 10-15 years’ experience with a mix of engineering services and manufacturing companies, primarily in the biopharmaceutical industry sector is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate process concepts to clients and peers
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science and Laboratory industries
- A Focus in mission-critical data centers or hospitals, plus other relevant industries
- P.E. registration, or a path to receiving it
- Ability to assist with business development by nurturing relationships with clients and writing proposals
Life at Genesis:
At Genesis, we believe that hard work and achievement are integral to a balanced and rewarding life. As our single most valuable asset, we make sure our employees know that we appreciate them. At Genesis, you will find people from many different backgrounds and with very different interests all working together to achieve a common goal.