Join our team at Genesis, where we have the privilege of contributing to worldwide health through the design and construction of facilities where science is conducted and life-saving drugs are manufactured. This is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to contribute to our client’s success, as well as our impressive growth.
Genesis is dedicated to supporting professional development in a welcoming work environment. Our collaborative culture ensures that our clients benefit from top-tier work across our entire range of professional offerings.
- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
What You Will Do:
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will be part of a 25+ person team and be responsible for:
- Reviewing designs and specifications to understand the project installation
- Preparing commissioning plans and commissioning checklist documents
- Organize and execute work within project budgets.
- Review project cost reports weekly.
- Perform project management tasks such as scheduling, tracking extra work, writing change orders, and taking responsibility for overall project budget and delivery.
- Performing field inspections
- Providing daily reports
- Communicating regularly with the client and internal management regarding status
- Identifying discrepancies and keep track of them on punch lists
- Coordinating with contractors and vendors to conduct field testing
- Working with the project team to resolve issues
- Working with the testing and balancing contractor to ensure systems are properly balanced
- Preparing final commissioning reports and turnover packages
Successful candidates will have field experience and be familiar with a variety of HVAC and building automation systems or electrical systems. You must be willing to spend most of your time in the field and be available for long-term projects. Overnight travel is likely and will vary based on project locations. Off-hours and weekend work is required on occasion to support system startups and testing in occupied buildings.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or an Associate technical degree
- Some prior commissioning experience
- Demonstrated strengths in HVAC and/or Electrical Systems
- Field experience
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science and Laboratory industries
- Design experience
- Technical writing
- Solid background in systems design and operation
Life at Genesis:
At Genesis, we believe that hard work and achievement are integral to a balanced and rewarding life. As our single most valuable asset, we make sure our employees know that we appreciate them. At Genesis, you will find people from many different backgrounds and with very different interests all working together to achieve a common goal.