Mechanical Automation & Controls Engineer
Join our team at Genesis, where we have the privilege of contributing to worldwide health through the design and construction of facilities where science is conducted and life-saving drugs are manufactured. This is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to contribute to our client’s success, as well as our impressive growth.
Genesis is dedicated to supporting professional development in a welcoming work environment. Our collaborative culture ensures that our clients benefit from top-tier work across our entire range of professional offerings.
- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
What You Will Do:
As an Automation & Controls Engineer you will be responsible for contributing and supporting a team of mechanical engineers and designers to deliver high quality design for technically challenging and rewarding projects. We expose our engineers to a variety of complex projects, arming them with the experience, resources and support to succeed. As a mid-market firm with a close-knit culture, we focus on delivery of high quality engineering and design services for notable, industry-leading clients in the Life Sciences, Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries. This position reports to Dave Mulrooney, P.E., Department Lead for Mechanical Engineering.
A typical day includes:
- Preparing conceptual design documentation to define automation for planned HVAC control systems.
- Performing field surveys and assist in development of HVAC and Central Utility control systems design concepts, in coordination with project Lead Mechanical/Electrical Engineer and Mechanical/Electrical Designers.
- Taking on the responsibility for coordinating with other discipline engineers, architects, client representation, facility operation personnel, and contractors for identifying systems controls and operational criteria to be included engineering and design requirements.
- Assist with automation conceptual definition to support facility infrastructure assessments, infrastructure/utility master planning, and performing code and energy evaluations.
- Development of HVAC airflow and hydronic control diagrams and control zoning criteria for pressurization plans, zoning plans and classification plans.
- Project customize the development of BAS, instrumentation and equipment specifications, based on company standards and as coordinated with specific client and equipment BAS vendor requirements.
- Reviewing HVAC control system submittals and shop drawings, preparing responses to contractor RFI’s and creating punch lists based on field observation.
- Assisting the Lead Mechanical Engineer and the Director of Automation & Controls on the development and update of Instrumentation and Control design for Mechanical systems.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3-10 years of relevant HVAC control systems experience with increasing responsibilities
- A knack for and interest in solving complex engineering problems, on a daily basis
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Proficiency in selection of control valves and dampers for HVAC systems
- Proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Professional software
- Ability to effectively communicate systems concepts and implementation details to peers, clients and construction teams both in written and verbal form.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science and Laboratory industries
- Proficiency with ASHRAE Engineering Guidelines for Energy Conservation, Building Automations Systems Design and Sequences of Operation for High Performance Buildings
- An interest in high profile, technically challenging work
- Experience working for both engineering firms and industrial corporations
Life at Genesis:
At Genesis, we believe that hard work and achievement are integral to a balanced and rewarding life. As our single most valuable asset, we make sure our employees know that we appreciate them. At Genesis, you will find people from many different backgrounds and with very different interests all working together to achieve a common goal.