Process Piping Designer
Join our team at Genesis, where we have the privilege of contributing to worldwide health through the design and construction of facilities where science is conducted and life-saving drugs are manufactured. This is a tremendous opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to contribute to our client’s success, as well as our impressive growth.
Genesis is dedicated to supporting professional development in a welcoming work environment. Our collaborative culture ensures that our clients benefit from top-tier work across our entire range of professional offerings.
- A dynamic work environment for those who enjoy tackling a good challenge
- A culture of collaboration, by design
- A team environment that supports diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Leadership opportunities for rising stars
- A continuing education reimbursement program and reward for obtaining your professional license
- Very competitive salaries
What You Will Do:
As a Process Piping Designer, you will prepare project deliverables and contract documents including calculations, pipe design and drawings. Complete knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards for the pharmaceutical industry. Survey existing piping systems and examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects. In-depth knowledge of general building construction for piping systems is essential.
A typical day includes:
- Reviewing project scope and obtaining deliverables and due dates
- Code reviews, client standards and industry guidelines
- Assist in the development of Process Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs). Work closely with Process Engineer
- Surveying existing process piping systems
- Review equipment lists for relevant process utility design requirements
- Assist in, with the assistance of the process engineer, the layout and design of process utility generation equipment (i.e. WFI stills, water purification equipment, compressed air equipment etc.)
- Prepare process piping contract documents (laying out process piping from P&IDs to floor plans, producing details)
- Construction administration (Answering RFIs, review of shop drawings)
- Attending project meetings
Successful candidates will have in-depth knowledge of general building construction for process systems, as well as complete knowledge regarding interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standard for process utilities.
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, technical school certificate or other related discipline
- 5 years of experience in designing and engineering of plumbing and process utility piping systems in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Healthcare industries with additional knowledge of purified water, compressed air, compressed gases, vacuum, cryogenic liquids, neutralization systems and process utilities
- Working knowledge of cGMP codes and standards required
- Proficiency in current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work against tight deadlines
Life at Genesis:
At Genesis, we believe that hard work and achievement are integral to a balanced and rewarding life. As our single most valuable asset, we make sure our employees know that we appreciate them. At Genesis, you will find people from many different backgrounds and with very different interests all working together to achieve a common goal.